The Semantic Web
- What is it?
- A vision of Tim Berners-Lee,
- intended to create "the web of knowledge",
- by annotating meta-data to web pages & evaluation.
- How is it supposed to work?
- On top of a layered software & meta-data model:
- Trust-Relations (digital signatures)
- Proof (proof languages)
- Logic (reasoning, inference)
- Ontology (term relationships, taxonomies)
DAML, OIL, OWL
- RDF (semantics definition)
- XML (syntax definition)
(C) W.Sander-Beuermann, University of Hannover, RRZN, SearchEngineLab